Saturday, January 9, 2010 @12:10 AM
Met James Jonovan Sarah YiRong and Shiao yesterday. We went on a pub/bar/club visiting spree... yes i stepped into a pub/club/bar (i still cant tell the difference) for the first time. James wanted to expose me to more of the real world. and i must admit, the real world is something i know very little of. Since young, I have been sheltered, so sheltered from the troubles or excitement of the real world. My only impression of clubs and bars came from that which was displayed on tv. It turned out ok. We didnt go to those really fierce places but I guess I did have some fun with my friends. Shiao said its the company that matters most. So, those places arent exactly unsafe...
The company did matter. We were sitting together and talking about issues that really matter. No, not about results or cca performance but about friendships and unity. I have been wrong all my life. Ever since I graduated from kuo chuan presbyterian primary with stellar results, I always thought that life meant doing the best that i can do - scoring the best grades, obtaining a leadership position... but all these things were about myself. If life is only about the individual, thats really not a life well lived. Being in chc has really opened my horizons. I mix with people from various backgrounds, i come into contact with people from broken families and with people who have so much to give... James envisioned a cell grp in which everyone is not individualistic, a cell grp in which all our lives are intertwined, one which we can say for sure that these are my 24/7 friends not my sunday church friends. all it takes is effort... and i have decided that i do need to make that effort.
A year of breakthroughs was what God promised me. But i do realise that if i do not keep an open mind to new possibilities, i will not be able to experience these breakthroughs. This year, God has given me a burden for people from broken families and for my close friends. I am presently exploring avenues to help these people. But i do know i should start from my family and my cell group. if you cannot serve the people you love, what more strangers.
I wanna climb many mountains this year.
SOT here I come.